WHAT IS BOTOX INJECTION PROCEDURE?
The Botox Injection procedure is one of the most common cosmetic procedures as well as face lifting. It aims to remove wrinkles and sagging skin caused by aging.
The Botox works on relaxing the sclerotic facial muscles, which are the reasons for the face wrinkles, especially in the area around the eyes, mouth, and nose. It is used only in a certain percentage in this procedure.
There are different types and uses of Botox Injection procedure, such as:
- Botox injection to treat nasal aberrations.
- Botox injection to enlarge the lips size.
- Botox injection to remove wrinkles and aging signs from the face.
CANDIDATES FOR BOTOX INJECTION PROCEDURE
The Botox Injection procedure is the same as every other surgical and non-surgical operation. It has some terms and conditions for a person to get satisfying results from this procedure. The most important ones are:
- People with slight facial wrinkles and sagging.
- People who suffer from certain facial diseases like sleepy eyes and tremor eyelids or any other disease that can be treated by Botox injections.
- People who suffer from facial wrinkles and aging effects and want to have a fresher and younger face.
- People with facial fat imbalance, caused by excess weight loss that resulted in an inappropriate distribution of fat.
- The person should be between 18 and 65 years old.
While Botox injection procedure is known to be completely safe, there are some cases where Botox injections are forbidden, such as pregnant or breastfeeding women or if the patient is allergic to Botulinum Toxin that the Botox includes.
PRE-BOTOX INJECTION PROCEDURE TIPS
Before the Botox injection procedure, the doctor will examine the patient to make sure his general health is fine. The doctor will also review the patient’s medical history and make sure he is suitable for the procedure. Lastly, the doctor will determine the areas where the injection will be done.
Yet, there are some tips and instructions that should be followed by the patient who will undergo this procedure before it, such as:
- Refrain from taking any diluting medicines such as ibuprofen, and any inflammatory drug to reduce the occurrence of any bruises during the procedure.
- Refrain from smoking for at least two weeks – one month before the procedure.
- Refrain from drinking any alcohol for at least two weeks- one month before the procedure.
POST- BOTOX INJECTION PROCEDURE
The Botox Injection procedure is a very simple procedure that takes a maximum of 30 minutes. Yet, the patient has to lie down for at least two to three hours after the procedure until the Botox used in the procedure is completely stabled.
The doctor will also give some tips and instructions to the patient for satisfying and impressive results some of these tips are:
- Avoid rubbing the areas that were injected in the procedure for at least 12 hours after the operation.
- Lie down for at least two to three hours after the operation to prevent the Botox used in the procedure from leaking.
Botox injection procedure requires a very quick recovery process, where the patient can return to daily activities in a short time that does not exceed one week.
Botox injections effect last from three to six months, as it varies from a person to another. You can always re-inject Botox for a youthful and wrinkle-free face.
STAGES OF BOTOX INJECTION PROCEDURE
The Botox Injection procedure is applied according to specific stages; these stages are:
- The patient undergoing the procedure will get local anesthesia either by using a cream put on the areas to be injected, by a spray, or by injecting the local anesthesia under the skin.
- The doctor uses an unspecified number of Botox injections based on the patient’s condition and the doctor’s method to remove the wrinkles and sagging.
- The doctor injects the Botox in the areas determined before the procedure by using a syringe that had been prepared before.
- The facial muscles get injected consecutively and quickly for immediate results.