Beard and mustache transplant is one of the most popular hair transplant operations. It is a simple one-day operation and performed under local anesthesia, during which the doctor transfers the hair follicles from the back of the head to the areas of the spaces in the beard and mustache.
The nature of beard and mustache hair differs from the nature of head hair, and the density varies from person to person. The natural shape is most important in this process.
With Magie Care, get thick beard and mustache and add attractiveness to your face
Techniques used in Beard and Mustache Transplantation
(DHI) is the best technology for beard and mustache hair transplantation, in which the follicles are also extracted from the donor area through a Micro Motor device, to be implanted directly into the recipient area with a Choi Implanter pen, by one click Canal and follicle transplantation at the same time provides high density. The number of transplanted follicles is (3500) and the process takes about (6-8) hours.
Technology (Mega DHI):
The Mega DHI technique is distinguished by the fact that it is performed in two sessions on two consecutive days, also through Choi pens, but through them a maximum of (7000) follicles are transplanted, giving hair density and attractiveness.
Extremely DHI technique:
The (Extremely DHI) technique goes through the same steps as the (DHI) technique, but what sets it apart is that a maximum of (5000) follicles are transplanted in (12-15) hours in a single session.
Beard and Mustache Transplant Requirements
There is a set of specifications that a person must have to become a candidate for a beard and mustache transplant, the most important of which are:
- Incomplete beard.
- That the person is in good health.
- Availability of a sufficient amount of hair in the donor area from which the follicles will be extracted for implantation in the chin area.
- Be over 25 years old.
- The candidate should be free from any skin disease that could hamper the transplant process.
Tips before Beard and Mustache Transplant
Here are some tips to follow for a successful chin transplant:
- Avoid drinking alcohol for at least a week before the transplant, as this weakens the effect of the anesthetic.
- Avoid taking blood thinners, like drinking natural drinks; Like green tea.
- Refrain from taking painkillers such as aspirin and ibuprofen.
- Refrain from smoking for two weeks before the operation, as it affects blood oxygen levels.
- Follow a healthy and balanced diet before the operation, in order to avoid complications that may arise during or after the operation.
Beard and Mustache Transplant Process Steps
The stages of beard and mustache transplantation are very similar to the stages of scalp hair transplantation, as follows:
- Clinical examination At this stage, the density of the donor area and the area to be transplanted in the chin area is determined, as well as the number of follicles to be extracted.
- Do all the necessary examinations, the most important of which are the necessary blood and skin tests.
- The donor area is shaved to facilitate the extraction of the follicles, then the patient is given local anesthesia.
- Extraction of the follicles from the donor area through the micromotor device, to be placed in a saline solution, in order to preserve them.
- At the cultivation stage, the follicles are placed in Choi enclosures, and with one click, the channels are opened and the follicles are transplanted.
Tips after Beard and Mustache Transplant
- Keep your head up.
- Never direct water into cultivated areas until 72 hours after operation.
- Do not exercise and avoid exertion, for a period of 15 days, in order to avoid any fatigue that may cause the grafted follicles to fall.
- Store away from sunlight, heat and high humidity for at least one month.
- Refrain from swimming in sea water for three months and refrain from swimming in the pool for two months.
- Avoid smoking, for at least two months after the procedure, as this limits the growth of hair follicles.
- It is recommended to use PRP needles, as they strengthen the transplanted follicles.
- Continue to take the necessary treatments and medications prescribed by the doctor, which help to heal the wounds quickly.
- Avoid dust so as not to harm the transplanted follicles.